Sunday 16 February 2014

Guest room make over


Hello all,
I hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday afternoon, its the only day it hasn't rained here this week.
This year as one of my goals/to-do items I wanted to get on an decorate a few if not all rooms in the house. We moved in about 2 and a half years ago and the decor was in a pretty OK state and not a bad palette of colours that we chose to live with it plus we had no money for such a task lol
Now however... Still no money for the job but I have started the make over and I have tried to do it on a budget. I wanted to make a start quite early on this year so that it didn't fall to the back of the list and never end up getting done.
I have made my first start on our spare room. Here is a photo of what it looked like.
It's only a small box room and everything is a mess.

As you can see in the before picture I had been playing around with wall paper samples and to be honest this is quite tidy from the state it had been in, before this there was a larger desk and a dressing table in there.

I want this to become a functional spare bedroom and a nice place to be even if the space is small. I want people to be able to stop over (I say people but I really just mean my best friend after we've been on a night out lol) and also if my little boy is hard to settle then it will be nice to have a single bed to snuggle up in and get him to sleep.

I'll update you with the finished room soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to talking to you x